Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A word from the male side

Well I thought I would put in my two cents. First let me back up a few days and tell you about my NFL withdrawal symptoms. No football since we started this vacation or holiday as they call it down under! Monday October 1st I was sitting on the ship plowing through 30 foot waves in the Tasman Sea and watching Cindy turn green. I took a chance and turned on the TV and started going through the channels and what do I see but the Sunday night football game on ESPN2 between the Eagles and Giants. I couldn't believe it. Here I am 13,000 miles from the east coast of the U.S. and I get to see my team play a game. Well by the middle of the game I was hoping that the satellite signal would be lost again but oh no I had to watch that whole *&%$ game!

Now on to more important things. The bridge climb was fantastic. One of the best things we have done so far on this trip. One of the stories that the guide told us about was all the houses, four churches and one pub they had to tear down to build the approach to the bridge. The residents in the houses and the members of the churches didn't give the government any trouble when they had to sell their properties to the government. When they tried to get the pub the patrons refused to let them take it down. The government had to disassemble it and move it and rebuild it a few hundred feet from its original location. The pub is still open and we went in and and sampled one or two cold ones after the bridge climb. Now you know the rest of the story!

Tonight we are planning to go to the -5 degrees Ice Lounge. That's the temperature inside the lounge. They serve you your drinks in glasses made of ice. That will taste good since it hit 98 degrees here today. Well got to go, don't want my glass to melt with something in it!!

No comments: